Red/Far-Red Light Meter PRODUCT MANUAL
Thank you for purchasing a Field ScoutTM Red / Far Red Me- ter. This manual describes its features and operation. Using the Meter 1. Press the ON/OFF button to turn the meter on or off.
When first turned on, the display will show the current battery level.
2. Press the READ button to take a light reading. The meter
will measure the incident light for 0.3 seconds and display the mean.
3. Press the MODE button to switch between displaying the
Red / Far Red Ratio, and the Red and Far Red readings.
4. The sensor assembly can be rotated to provide accurate
readings while maintaining visibility of the display screen.
5. Turn the meter off after use to conserve battery power. Changing the Battery The Field Scout Red / Far Red Meter uses a standard 9V bat- tery. To change the battery: 1. Slide open the door on the back of the meter. 2. Remove the old battery from the compartment, and insert
the new battery. Be sure to orient the battery to match the image on the bottom of the compartment.
3. Place the battery cover on the case and slide it closed. Accuracy The Field Scout Red / Far Red Meter is accurate to ±5%. Red light is measured at 660nm, 40nm FWHM (±20nm). Far Red light is measured at 730nm, 30nm FWHM (±15nm).
For support, or to place an order, call:
(800)248-8873 or (815) 436-4440 between 7:30 am and 5:00 p.m. CST
Red and Far Red Light Plants sense the amount of light in the ranges around 660 na- nometers (red) and 730 nanometers (far red), and use the ratio between the two to direct growth. Though plants differ in the details of their reaction, in general a low Red / Far Red ratio results in elongation and lower leaf area compared to a higher ratio. The Field Scout Red / Far Red Meter measures the light in these two ranges, and displays the values in units of µmol m-2 s-1 (the number of photons in units of micromoles, striking an area one meter square each second). In addition, the meter displays the Red / Far Red Ratio, elimi- nating the need for computation. The chart below displays the spectral response of the Field Scout Red / Far Red Meter. Warranty
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. During the warranty period Spectrum will, at its option, either repair or replace products that prove to be defective. This warranty does not cover damage due to improper installation or use, lightning, negligence, accident, or unauthorized modifications, or to incidental or conse-quential damages beyond the Spectrum product. Before returning a failed unit, you must obtain a Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) from Spectrum. Spectrum is not responsible for any pack-age that is returned without a valid RMA number or for the loss of the package by any shipping company.
12360 S. Industrial Dr. E Plainfield IL 60585 (800) 248-8873 or (815) 436-4440 Fax (815) 436-4460 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.specmeters.com
2. A BRIEF REVIEW OF THE CURRENT DIABETES DRUGS Two of the largest selling drugs, to help control blood sugar, are Avandia® and Actos®. In the first six months of 2007 increasingly adverse reports were widely publicized about these as a result of new printed scientific studies in peer-reviewed journals: 1. Female Diabetics using these drugs have started to develop fractures of the hands
BANNED AND DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES COMMONLY GIVEN TO HORSES SENT TO SLAUGHTER Product/Type/Warnings Potential problems from human ingestion of residue or metabolites Acepromazine See also Citak A, Soysal DD, Uçsel R, Karaböcüoglu M, Uzel N., Seizures associated with poisoning in children: tricyclic antidepressant intoxication , PEDIATR INT. 48(6):582-585 (2006) (Two children