(TRAM flap and Tissue Expander/Implant
Please read the instructions outlined below. Refer to these instructions for the next few weeks.
These discharge instructions provide you with general information on caring for yourself after
surgery. Your healthcare provider may also give you more detailed instructions. If you have any
problems or questions after discharge, please call your healthcare provider.
HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
• Have a responsible person stay with you until tomorrow.
• Rest and minimize vigorous activity for 24 hours after surgery.
• Do not lift over five pounds for 3 weeks. • Do not plan on going back to work for at least seven days.
• Avoid vigorous, strenuous activity for 3 weeks.
• Take a ten minute walk every hour while awake. This helps reduce your risk of
• Go slow with your diet to avoid nausea and vomiting.
• Start with clear liquids, and then slowly progress to your normal diet.
• Try to drink up to eight glasses of water or other electrolyte containing fluids a day (such
as Gatorade); unless you are on fluid restrictions.
• Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after your surgery or while using
• Take and finish prescribed antibiotics.
• Take medications prescribed by your surgeon to relieve your pain. • Pain medication may cause dizziness or nausea. Use the minimum required to permit rest
• Use only
pain medication prescribed by your surgeon or Tylenol to relieve your pain.
• Fore Pain Control :Do Not Use
Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve or other NSAID’s
without permission as doing so too soon could cause bleeding at your surgery sites.
• If you had a TRAM flap reconstruction(not tissue expander) you may have been
instructed to take one baby aspirin a day for 3 weeks.
• Call your surgeon if you develop a rash, nausea, or vomiting after taking the medications
• Do not drive or drink alcohol while taking prescribed pain medication. • Resume pre-op medications unless otherwise instructed by your surgeon.
BATHING & WOUND CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
• Wear your dressing for the first night.
• On the first morning after your surgery, remove your dressing. • Take a light shower. It is okay to briefly expose your wound and drains to shower water
and soap. Direct some running water to your under fold to remove any discharge.
• Because your wound has been glued, you may not need any dressing beyond a T-shirt.
• No bras for 3 weeks- we don’t want any pressure or dents in the skin at the
• Place ice pack to breast and under arm intermittently for the next 2 days (20 minutes on,
40 minutes off) to decrease swelling and bruising.
• Empty drains and milk tubing frequently. You do NOT
need to measure & record output.
• As your glue flakes off over the next 10 days, you may feel or see clear sutures coming
out of the skin near your wound. If they are present beyond two weeks, these suture remains may be trimmed flush with the skin, using scissors or a nail clipper.
If you smoke, you have been instructed to quit 100%.
Avoid second hand smoke.
• The use of tobacco increases the risk of wound infection, delayed wound healing, and
• Tobacco use is a major surgical risk factor. Reducing rather than stopping tobacco use is
• Wound infection rates in patients who use tobacco are higher than in patients who do not
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
• Contact your surgeon with any problems or questions about your condition.
• Report the following signs immediately:
• Increasing discomfort not relieved by medication • Excessive asymmetric swelling or discoloration in the skin: one breast
• Nausea and vomiting • Painful leg swelling or shortness of breath
SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL CARE IF:
• You develop a reaction or have side effects to medicines you were given.
• Call 911 and go to the nearest hospital, if you have shortness of breath or chest pain.
PRODUCT LIST TABLE OF CONTENTS Antibiotics and Related Products Analgesic/ Antipyretics/ Antinflammatory Anti-Asthmatics/ Antihistamines Anti-Diarrhoea & Laxatives Anti-Rheumatics/ Steroids Cough & Cold Preparations External Preparations Anti-Fungal Gastrointestinal Preparations Vitamins & Minerals Anti-Diabetics Anti-Hypertensive Miscellan
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET DRAGNET® SFR TERMITICIDE/INSECTICIDE MSDS Ref. No: 52645-53-1-26 Version: Global Date Approved: 04/25/2000 Revision No: 2 This document has been prepared to meet the requirements of the U.S. OSHAHazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200; the EC directive,91/155/EEC and other regulatory requirements. The information contained hereinis for the conc